Herbal Medicine & Related Links
- National Institute of Medical Herbalists (UK)
The oldest governing body for professional medical herbalists, established in 1864, setting the standard for professional herbalists throughout the world.
- American Herbalists Guild
A peer reviewed organisation offering educational resources and providing a professional member referral list (by location).
- Canadian Council of Herbalists Associations
- Dominion Herbal College North America’s oldest school of Herbal Medicine.
- Heartwood Herbal Medicine
- Middlesex University offers a Bachelor of Science Degree Program in Herbal Medicine
- The College of Practitioners of Phytotherapy
- The Scottish School of Herbal Medicine offers a Masters Degree Program in Herbal Medicine.
- The Ontario Herbalists Association
- The Canadian Herbalist’s Association of BC
- Alberta Association of Practicing Herbalists
- Wild Rose College of Natural Medicine
- The European Herbal & Traditional Medicine Practitioners Association
- The National Herbal Association of Australia
- New Zealand Association of Medical Herbalists
- Pacific Rim College
- Bloom Institute
- Maryland University of Integrative Health
- PacificSchool of Herbal Medicine (PSHM )
- EastWestSchool of Herbology
- Dr Christopher’s School of Natural Healing
- Irish Association of Master Medical Herbalists Organisation
- Columbine School of Herbal Medicine
Published and On-Line Journals
The journal of the nonprofit American Botanical Council and the Herb Research Foundation. This is a full color quarterly publication with peer-reviewed scientific articles, herb news and market data, and regulatory and legal issues. The mail order book department offers a wide selection of books on herbal topics. This is an informative publication for the public and professionals.
- American Society of Pharmacognosy
Journals and related links cover research on the bioactivity of plants, essential oils and extracts from all parts of the globe.
Additional Research Databases and Useful Links
- Henriette’s Herbal Homepage
One of the oldest herb sites contains a collection of medicinal and culinary herb resources, plant pictures and links.
- The Herb Research Foundation
Nonprofit research and educational foundation provides an information resource for the worldwide use of herbs for health, environmental conservation and international development.
Medical Herbalism: An online newsletter for clinical practitioners.
- Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases
Botanical consultant Dr. Jim Duke’s site for the Agricultural Research Service.
- Southwest School of Botanical Medicine Bisbee, Arizona
An extensive collection of medicinal plant images, classic herbal medicine texts and other useful herbal information.
- The Environmental Working Group (EWG)
The Environmental Working Group is a non profit environmental research organization that monitors and reports on chemical contaminants in food, air and water. Articles include information on heavy metals and pesticides in commercially grown food, a guide for awareness about pesticide consumption in common food items and an extensive “Archive of Reports”.
- The Herb Society of America
- A Modern Herbal, Mrs M. Grieve
- The Mushroom Expert: Identify mushrooms with the help of this database
- Paul Stamets: Mycologist
- Health Action Network Society
Get More Inspiration
Subscribe for health education, updates & classes. Leave your details and never miss an update!